• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Intro for new member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello biplane forum! I've just joined here, as well as on the Pitts Facebook group.

I have a 1974 S-1S built in Florida by James Killough, N599B. It has an 0-360 A-4M with a pressure carb, steerable tailwheel, 4 ailerons, spades. I don't know if the wings are Sparcraft, but suspect they probably are.

The airplane belonged to a Navy buddy of mine from 1993-1996. He flew N599B in competition, based in St Augustine. My friend was killed in a helo crash in 1996 and the airplane came to me.

I flew it to the west coast, and got 100 glorious hours in N599B before orders overseas forced me to park it in 1998. It's been in storage ever since, awaiting the cash and time to go through it. I'm hopeful to start working on it soon and get it flying again.

Plans are for overhauls of the engine, brakes, and a new fuel tank. Ceconite fabric is in good shape, but I'm considering removing it to get a good look at the wings. I'll be looking for help, as I'm not an A&P, and don't have building experience.

Any Northern California Pitts gurus out there?

Cheers, Rob

Latest posts

Back