• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

inverted system hoses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ddagasso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am writing to ask everyone what hose they are using from the upper engine breather to the top of the slobber pot,

I have eliminated the T on the firewall with the oil pickup mounted under the alternator on the vacuum pad

my old hose has an internal metal reinforcement to prevent collapse during the initial 180 degree bend,( I will cut this out and reuse it in the new hose if I end up using the Mil 6000 hose)

Aircraft Spruce specifies Mil 6000 hose which is now superceded by Mil-DTC-6000D

Is there a better alternative to prevent hose collapse during inverted flight?

Is there a source for the spiral wire that I have heard discussions about?

Many thanks Dan

Latest posts

Back