• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

J. Pearson Radial Skybolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpearson

Reaction score
I am just about ready to have my Skybolt inspected - justfuel lines to connect and rig the wings. Hopefully I'll be airborne this fall.
I acquired the project about 25% complete 2 years ago almost to the day and have been a pretty dedicated builder. I have really enjoyed the project.
I elected to go with the M-14P and am pleased that I did. I love the appearance of the aircraft. I think it will be a joy to fly. There were a few hurdles or challenges to deal with along the way but no show stoppers.
I am building the Skybolt in Brantford, Ontario, Canada and if anyone is interested, please stop by. I'm working at Gilbert Custom Aircraft where there are several other projects - a Varieze, Mustang 1, etc. Darryl Gilbert is building a Super Chipmunk (Lycoming 540) and his pride is a full scale Spitfire with a V-12 Ranger engine.
Cheers,
J.Pearson

Latest posts

Back