• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Jeffs 'Duster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmodguy

Reaction score
Well here we go.... I bought a Starduster Too project about a year ago and have been stripping it down and will basically start over to get it where I want. Fuse needs some TLC and reinforcing for the Grove gear that is on the way (sorry Dave...), I am not a fan of bungees. I am also going with a full bubble canopy from Airplane Plastics. It's too cold here in Indiana for an open cockpit half of the year. yeah I'm a sissy about being cold...
Not much progress on the fuse yet but the plan is to have panels to the rear seat and fabric the rest of the way back. The bottom will be aluminum.
The first real completed project is the refurbishment of one of the Shakespeare throttles I picked up off Ebay. Finish is Cerakote C series in Velvet Black, Sniper Gray, and Titanium. I still need to fill in the lettering. This quadrant will be forward. I reversed the tension spring on the fwd quadrant so I can set the friction on the rear quadrant.
The second photo is the before pic of my driver seat quadrant. Will have the same color scheme. Handle will be Velvet Black. Picked this up on Ebay also. I have less in these 2 quadrants than decent offerings from ACS!
IMG_4539.JPG
IMG_4526.JPG

Latest posts

Back