• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Just Joined

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corsair82pilot

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I just joined. I just purchased a Starduster II through ebay. It's not a done deal yet. I was the second runner up, but I guess the guy who won it changed his mind. I hope it works out. I'll know in a few days.
I built a Starduster I back in the early to mid 1980s. I also had a Steen Skybolt for a while.
I have always loved the Starduster II.
I plan on changing the engine. It has a Continental 125hp six cylinder. I want to mount a radial. Any suggestions as to which engine might be best? I have an R985 and an R975. I think they are too powerful for the Starduster (450hp).
I am also building an 82% scale F4U Corsair replica. That is what the R985 is for. Check it out www.Corsair82.com

I hope to have the Starduster this week and may fly it up to Oshkosh. I'll be there even if I don't fly the Starduster.

Tony P

Latest posts

Back