• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

KP bearing staking in aileron brackets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On the Pitts S-1S aileron slave strut attach point there is a KP 3 bearing that goes in the upper aileron bracket. mine is becoming worn out a little and I will eventually replace it. Does anyone have any advice on removing the bearing and then re-staking the bearing ? The plans call for a roll stake. I have looked on line for tools in the usual places but come up with nothing. I can find places online that sell tools for the helicopter and big aviation industry but my bet is this tool is expensive. Does any one have a better way of doing this or a place where I can buy or rent the tool?

Latest posts

Back