• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

landing advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skywolf210

Registered Users
Reaction score
hello folks
I have been reading the post but not asking anything for a while. I have been cut loose to be on my own for about 2 months and you were right, the skybolt is even more fun solo, I am not doing to much yet as I am not happy with my landings. which brings me to my question, anyone have any ideas to do it better. and can a skybolt be landed as softly as a 172.
I have 18 hrs, and 49 landings. I seem to have a problem of how to round out. most of the time I seem to pull the nose up to much and bounce. not hard enough to hurt anything, but not as smooth as I want. yesterday I went to 3000 and set up for landing and I was descendind at 1000 pm, at 80mph, is that normal. I normally pull the power to idle at 1000 ft, abeam the numbers, then start a slow 180 at 80mph, to line up on center, that is no problem, I just am not getting the round out and smooth touch down I want. do you think it would help to raise my speed to 90. I do know that went you flair, the speed drops like a rock and sometimes I am too high off the runway. any advice would be helpful,
thanks
gary

Latest posts

Back