• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Laser Z200 Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Youngman1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Recently purchased a damaged Laser Z200 that i'll be rebuilding...

In my defence i do have Pitts heritage! :)

I did my PPL in an S2C a couple of years ago and then bought a share in a Falcon Winged S1.

Loved it to pieces and flew my first competitions last year.

Unfortunately a group member had a landing accident earlier this year and wrote it off! I'll miss it dearly, great aeroplane.

I saw the project for sale at a good price and saw it as a good way to get full ownership of an aircraft and at the same time build something that fits my needs.

It's a UK built Z200 with a good competition history. Suffered a landing accident a few years ago after loosing a wheel.

Damaged both wing tips and bent the fuse. Since then engine was sold but the fuse has been welded back straight by a qualified guy and signed off by the LAA.

My first focus is rebuilding the wing.

Currently trawling through the plans for the wing and working out whats what before i'll order all the wood etc in the next couple of weeks.

I've just bought an IO-360-A1B6 that needs putting back together.

Rough Plans for the build are.

Build it as light as possible, spend the time optimising, a little here and a little bit there will soon add up.

Lower turtler deck and canopy. Seem to have older style higher roll over bar which looks draggy and dates the aeroplane.

Stock engine internals. Cold air and 4-1 system. P-Mags and engine monitoring

Whirlwind 200AC Prop

Beringer lightweight wheel and brake set up.

New cowling and paneling.

Lots to do! :)

20160604_154110.jpg

20160604_154859.jpg

20160604_170035.jpg

20160609_135912.jpg

Pitts-Special-S1 sponsorship.jpg

Latest posts

Back