• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Leaking oil cooler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vilhelm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My oil cooler ( Aero Classic 7 plates ) has developed a small leak. This is of course annoying, but I fear, that the little leak will become a big leak all of a sudden. So I think it is best to replace the cooler. Now I have on the shelf a used 7 plate Harrison cooler ( from a PA-28 ) but some says, that an old oil cooler should not be used, as it is impossible to clean out all the old stuff and muck collected over the years.
Maybe I have to buy a new one, but I think there must be a way to make a good and effective cleaning, or is it really impossible to clean it ?
I would like to use the old oil cooler, as Harrison oil coolers ( now Steward Warner) cost 3 times as much as the other brands, so they sure must be better quality.

Latest posts

Back