• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Life changing on me...Acrosport 2 for sale

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've held a relationship together as long as I can and its just time to go our separate ways. I don't want to but need to sell the Acrosport 2 at this time. It's a nice plane...I was looking forward to getting more time in it until the Starduster Too was done but life got in the way. It's a 160hp. Engine has about 1800SNEW and running great. A couple cylinder are recent in the last few years. New slick mags within a couple years etc. don't beat me up on price as its more than fair. $17500 comes with fresh condition inspection. ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1450201810.747604.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1450201893.483859.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1450201970.824231.jpg

Attachments

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a great flier. It's no show plane but it flys nice and I had Smizo rebuild the gear so the axles are nice and straight. I hate to sell it but my world is crumbling a bit and kids need a trainer anyway. I'm hoping I can replace it in the spring if I can get out of mess now. It's a disappointing place to be after 12 years.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1450214639.426263.jpg
Covering is ceconite 7600 but not their topcoat. Most of the issues with that covering system was the topcoat and lifting tapes because of the top coat this one has a DuPont two part single stage too coat and fabric is holding up well.

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kris,
Sorry to hear about your problems.
Better post a photo of her here so one of us does not get
involved with her.
See the photo for the next one you date!

Pitts or eagle.jpg

Last edited:

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Kris,

Do you have the aerobatic limits handy? Normal limits are shown as 64.86" and 73.43". I'm making a spreadsheet to do some what-ifs.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill,
This might help you a little...

On the ASII plans, it says:

"Gross weight CG is .75" forward of the lower wing leading edge to 5" aft of the leading edge of the lower wings for aerobatic flight."

cwilliamrose

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Cameron,

I wish I knew where the datum is on Kris' airplane relative to the lower wing LE. The document he posted doesn't tell me much about those locations.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Cameron,

I wish I knew where the datum is on Kris' airplane relative to the lower wing LE. The document he posted doesn't tell me much about those locations.
Bill, these numbers are from mine and I have a 12" mount as measured from the firewall to the rear face of the crankcase. The standard mount is 14" but Blanton may have lengthened it some. He has built several Acro IIs and I know his first one had a 20" mount!

024 WB datums.jpg

025.jpg

cwilliamrose

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like Kris' datum is about 6" forward of yours Neil. Some of the locations are very close to or right on the 6" delta, others are different.

Using the 6"delta value the forward limit on your W&B equates to 67.75" for Kris' airplane and the aft limit equates to 74.25". Something still isn't apples-to-apples here........

skyboltone

Reaction score
What's the stall speed? Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

With 1/2 hour of fuel and no lunch one might be able to take a date for a spin and stay LSA.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad you have to sell it. I'll mention it to a friend of mine.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like Kris' datum is about 6" forward of yours Neil. Some of the locations are very close to or right on the 6" delta, others are different.

Using the 6"delta value the forward limit on your W&B equates to 67.75" for Kris' airplane and the aft limit equates to 74.25". Something still isn't apples-to-apples here........
The Firewall, fuel, leading edge and tail spring bolt should all be constants. I expect some variables in the other numbers. I know my axle placement is different and the actual pilot and passenger weight locations still need to be recalculated on my airplane.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the stall speed? Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

With 1/2 hour of fuel and no lunch one might be able to take a date for a spin and stay LSA.

As long as your date isn't from WV.

I remember one of the 100 questions on my application for WV citizenship was:

"Does your wife weigh more than your pick-up truck?"

Kris,

You are in my prayers. I wish the absolute best for you and yours! Someone will get a nice new mount.

Warm regards,

Jack

cwilliamrose

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The Firewall, fuel, leading edge and tail spring bolt should all be constants. I expect some variables in the other numbers. I know my axle placement is different and the actual pilot and passenger weight locations still need to be recalculated on my airplane.
That's what I was expecting too. The axles are 3/8" off the 6" delta, the tail spring is right on. The pilot station is 1" off, the passenger is off more. Those were probably calculated at the first W&B and are not book numbers. The fuel is off too so maybe the tank is a little different?

Anyway, bottom line is the airplane works CG-wise for Normal category use. Still don't know about the Aerobatic limits but I'm thinking that will be OK as well. I'd take a serious look at this one if it wasn't 1000 miles away.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With full fuel...me and my CFI ,we are still in the CG no problem and under gross. I'm really impressed with that aspect of the Acrosport 2. I won't be to sad to not see it sold but at this point I'm thinking the cash sitting there might be wise. I also will be needing a trainer for my almost 15 yr old to start flying next spring so I'm also using that as a reason to post this one for sale. I just don't think it would be a good primary trainer although if I still have it when he is ready I will let my CFI buddy be the final judge on that, and insurance cost. For now, someone has a chance to get a flying 2 place biplane as cheap as you can possibly can.

skyboltone

Reaction score
All the arms are positive! Sooooooo......the datum is the tip of the spinner? Never mind, it's sort of hard to tell from the drawing but it looks to be the crankshaft flange? The propeller track in level flight?

Last edited: