• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Lightspeed Zulu 3 and Wireless Tango's

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Shawn what is your assessment of the wireless headsets?

pigpenracing

Reaction score
Shawn what is your assessment of the wireless headsets?
The wireless are awesome! You have to recharge every 12 hours. Some folks don't like recharging. I have a wireless and use it all the time. I have done lots of back to back testing and it is good.

taildraggerpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are the zulu’s In a Pitts? My Bose A20s are horrible at full power; they actually amplify the noise making it deafening.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
How are the zulu’s In a Pitts? My Bose A20s are horrible at full power; they actually amplify the noise making it deafening.
They work great.... The Bose didn't work for me either. The Tango's work and new Zulu 3 is a little quieter but has a cord. I have been using both the Tango and Zulu 3 in the Eagle. Sometimes I use a Clarity Aloft, just depends my mood. The Bose is the worse headset you can use for high noise or open cockpit!
The Lightspeeds have a adjustable mic gain also which is great! I have the gains all the way down on all our Lightspeeds. I can fly my 172 with the window open and stick the mic in the wind and get no noise.

Latest posts