• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Logan, UT Airport Open House

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Yesterday, at the invitation of the FBO, Leading Edge Aviation, I flew the BF9-2, "Unfinished Business", to the Logan, UT airport for their open house. I was parked with a freshly restored stock Stearman, and an older 450HP Stearman owned by the Commemorative Air Force, both from Heber, UT. Also parked with us were an AT-6/SNJ, T-28 Trojan, Chinese CJ-6, and a Yak 50. My brother flew in with his Cessna 120. I discovered a 1941 Monocoupe on the field, which was a very pleasant surprise, and got to visit with John Kerr, who built and owns a beautiful Hatz Classic powered by a Rotec R3600 radial. I had a great time, and the airplane got lots of attention.
The tough part of the day was keeping people from reaching in the cockpit and moving the controls around, and keeping kids from climbing on the wings and tail so their parents could take their pictures. I don't see that kind of behavior at the classic car shows, so what's up with the parents anyway? It seems okay to let your kids climb on or in someone's airplane, but not in/on someone's car!?

By the way, today is the 66th anniversary of D-Day, so thank a WWII vet. And thank all our other vets too. We owe them everything.

Danny

Latest posts

Back