• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Long Softie Parachute for Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trident13184

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long Softie Parachute for sale $400.

Back model - won't fit in my Bolt. Its in very good condition, but don't get too excited. The date on the harness is Nov. 1991 and the canopy is Oct 1991. Paraphernalia and Free Flight Enterprises (Softie brand) have placed a 20 service life on their equipment which means you'll be able to use it for a little over a year - you might be able to stretch it out to 18 months if you can get it re-packed prior to Oct. 2011. After that, no senior/master rigger worth his salt will re-pack it.

It is unfortunate that the service life exists for this particular brand (one of the only manufacturers that have one), but that's the way it goes. Page 10 of the Softie re-pack manual says it all.

I'll sell it with a fresh re-pack (good for 180 days and also assumes it passes an inspection) and price will include shipping in the continental US. Outside of that, you pay. No $ will be exchanged until it is re-packed and passes inspection.

Randy B.

PM me or call 775-223-3505.

Latest posts

Back