• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

long softie parachute wanted

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

I am still looking for a long softie parachute to be used in my Acrosport II. Thanks,Tad

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

I saw the one he has but was hopeing to find one a little less expensive. I checked a numbe of web sites and can buy a new one for $100.00 more than Allen has his listed for. If I can't find a good used on tin the next few months I will probably go with a new one. I expect to have my plane flying by June so really don't need it until then.Thanks for the response have a Merry Christmas.Tad

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Cameron, Thanks for the reply. Progress going slower than I want due to current project with short time line to open---hate when work takes away from important things.Merry Christmas,Tad

smutny

Biplane Addict
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
In all honestly, if you want a good used chute, call Allen. He dedicates his life to keeping us safe. He is only one of two people I would trust in buying a chute, especially used, the other is Dan T, the owner of Para-Phernalia.

It's not expensive if you have to use it.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take it Butler couldn't get anything to work for you?

MNForrest

Reaction score
FWIW - I purchased my parachute new from Para-Phernalia as a demo from their SunNfun display and got a really good deal (compare to very low time used). I'm very happy with the purchase, and the level of confidence I have in knowing it has been very well cared for - by me. It's a "Decathlon Wedge" seat-pack model, and it makes the seat in my Pitt's more comfortable than any other I have placed my person in - maximizing my leg room and supporting my thighs just right.
FF

smutny

Biplane Addict
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Cameron said:
I take it Butler couldn't get anything to work for you?
Not sure if this was directed to me, but the reason I'm a big Para-Phernalia supporter is that both Dan and Allen are very visible and provide fantastic support.

I've never seen the other manufacturers get out in the customer base and support it the way Dan and Allen do.

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

You are right about it not being expensive when you need it. I understand that Allen is the man when it comes to used chutes being as they should be. I may still go with a new one since there is not much difference in price.

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Cameron, they came up with a couple of alternatives but both were 3" thick top to bottom. I can deal with more at the top since it will push me forward giving more head room with the canopy but I can not work with the 3" at the bottom since it will interfer with the rear stick travel.Tad

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
John,
No, that wasn't directed at you. Tad was considering a butler chute a while back and I was wondering if they could do anything for him. I am very pleased with their products and service. They will make a container to your specs as long as the canopy will fit. They manufacture their own, patented canopies as well. They built me chute to fit me in my airplane when I couldn't find anything else that worked.

Latest posts