• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a 2 place

planegene

Reaction score
Looking for a 2 place aircraft. Doesn't have to be a biplane. ( Sonerai, Pietenpol, Woody pusher, rans S10) looking now. Let me know what you have! Grandkids want to ride!

Sent from my iPad using Biplane Forum

larryM

Reaction score
I may be selling my Bolt in order to buy a traveling airplane. I am not 100% but still exploring my options. I have a 76 IO-360 solid crank, open cockpit, 1000 TT airframe and SNEW engine. NDH. Open cockpit 1100# mt. Basic airplane, has flaking paint due to brittle enamel. My IA is fine with it and would not let me recover it based on the quality of the fabric. I do not have pics, flyers etc. Please email me at "[email protected]" if interested in talking more.

Defenseman1

Registered Users
Reaction score
I love my Acroduster but for rides and kids nothing beats a Cub or similar. I was out at the grass strip hopping rides for kids yesterday in my friends j3 and we could get about 4 kids done in an hour with everybody having a grand time, including me. Gas cost me 20 bucks an hour and we just invited friends and family over to get their ride for free. Doing the same thing the next few days. Could never have done that in my other canopy/complicated harness bipes. I bet an open cockpit low powered Hatz would be a good choice too. Happy hunting.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
And Piet is not a good ride for hopping passengers. The front cockpit is a real bear.

L

planegene

Reaction score
Wow guys nice aircraft, but all a little more than I am looking to spend at the moment. Got to get the Pitts going and that's taking a lot of my cash at the time.
That's why I am looking for a pietenpol or Sonerai or something like that at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Biplane Forum

TFF1

Reaction score
I would get a Champ or T Craft for giving rides over a Pete or Sonerai. All depends on load needed. Smaller homebuilts and grandkids would not be my favorite mix.