• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a Skybolt

Michael Xmas

Reaction score
Hey guy, I have beenshopping pretty hard for a Skybolt over the last month or so.If anyone out there knows of someone that isselling or considering selling, please let me know.

f1rocket

Reaction score
I am considering selling my 2008 Oshkosh Reserve Grand Champion Firebolt. It is spectacular, but fairly expensive. For info email me at [email protected].

patioed

PATIOED
Reaction score
Considering selling my 2006 Skybolt, powered by a IO-540-290HP...
3-blade Catto Prop...Best Workmanship Award at Oshkosh...Flawless perrformer...
185 TT A&E...Just annualled, not cheap but amazing airplane...PM me if you want pictures and pricing...

Skybolt67

Reaction score
I'm considering selling my Skybolt, with a total restoration, getting ready to paint, has an new composite three-bladed MT prop/spinner, zero time IO-520
D23M 6 cyl. 300hp engine, all kinds of new parts, instruments, radio, and more, PM me if you're interested for pics and prices. By the way, this was a flying Skybolt and it already has an airworthiness certificate.Edited by: Skybolt67

huntersdad

Reaction score
Michael, hope you found what you were looking for..

i'm looking for a skybolt either completed or near completion. yeah, i realize that the near completion wording leaves a lot to interpretation but i'd like to see what's out there. prefer completed but if it's something my son and i can work on and have flying relatively soon i could be open to suggestions. let me know what you have or if you know of something that fits. thanks.

Skybolt67

Reaction score
Well, you've contacted at the right time, getting ready to paint the upper wing, and cover the fuselage. But the thing is I've got alot of money in this plane, I mean alot. I'm not selling it for less than I have in it right now, and it's quite a bit. A friend of mine is helping me paint it, and he has a professional paint shop. If you're still interested let me know. you can PM me. My Skybolt is unbelieveable when it comes down to the attention to detail.

Skybolt67

Reaction score
Since you're in Florida, you can come down and see it. I used to live in Ft. Walton Beach. My plane is up in the middle of Florida right. Couple of hours drive from you.

Skybolt143

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Firebolt in my hanger right now that is for sale, fuselage is complete and ready to fly, wings still need to be covered. It has a 200hp IO360 with Sky Dynamics induction and sump. It belongs to Kemmel Owen and is listed on Barnstormers.

huntersdad

Reaction score

thanks. i have looked at that one on barnstormers. as i'm a newbie at the skybolt adventure i have been looking for information about the skybolt/firebolt and the firebolt seems to be heavier(?) and longer with not much to gain. please correct if i'm wrong. not ruling out the one you mentioned or any others for that matter and thanks for the info..

Latest posts