• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for aerobatic biplane project

AcroGimp

EAA 14, IAC 36
Reaction score
As title says, looking for an aerobatic bipe project, prefer Christen Eagle, Skybolt, AcroDuster Too, EXP S-2A/B, AcroSport II, roughly in that order.

Previously flying is OK if no damage history or with good repair record if damaged. If damaged and not repaired, economical and reliable repair must be possible.

The more complete the better with respect to airframe (need not be covered) - avionics, engine and prop are optional.

Located in SoCal but will travel to pick-up as needed.

Not in a big hurry and will wait for the 'best' fit.

Thanks!

'Gimp

Last edited:

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
There was a nice skybolt project on here a few months ago that was nearly ready to fly. Paint looked real slick! I think yellow and black checkers on bottom and blue and red star burst on top. Had a 540 I believe. Not sure of the status on that one.....

StinsonPilot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw this one on Barnstormers:

STEEN SKYBOLT • $12,900 • PROJECT FOR SALE • Wings are complete but uncovered. Three of four ailerons are ready, hinges included. Tail feathers are complete and linkage is ready. Welding is professional and mostly complete. Sheet metal fabrication mostly complete. Steen Bubble Canopy is new in box. Stainless Steel Firewall. Steen Nose section. Fuel tank. Full set of plans and Builders guide. Minimal documentation. No mount or engine. May separate, call with requests. • Contact Chris L. Norman, Owner - located Collierville, TN USA • Telephone: 9012334600 • Posted March 11, 2013 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures • Finance New Lower Rates!

gmann750

Reaction score
I have a S-2E Pitts project no wings. has fuselage, wheels, engine mount, with a 0 time smoh 200 hp angle valve lycoming and paperwork

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Slap a set of wolf wings on that 2E and you'll really have something there!!!

AcroGimp

EAA 14, IAC 36
Reaction score
Been watching Barnstormers, TAP and others, glad to see some additional possibilities here. Thanks guys! Gmann750, you have a PM.

AcroGimp

EAA 14, IAC 36
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the replies so far.

After a deeper review of my needs and objectives, I am going to limit my search to the Christen Eagle II and Skybolt.

If you are aware of any projects (or possibly flying examples) I am interested in hearing about them.

Thanks again.

Latest posts