• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Looking for any history on N186S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enzo

Reaction score
I recently purchased this Pitts project without logs. I'm hoping that someone on this forum knows the plane or maybe knows someone that does. Any info could be helpful. I was told that Ken Brock built it for the original owner, but I have no proof of that. All airframe data plates were removed by a previous owner. I haven't been able to contact the last registered owner in Riverside Ca.View attachment 43317 It is an S1S and currently has a Lycoming 0-360A2D, but I don't know if it is the original engine. The plane has a Christen oil system, but it's not fully plumbed into the engine. For now it has a gravity feed carburetor. It has a Christen wobble pump system which is normally only seen on injected engines or maybe a pressure carb. The individual I purchased it from bought it as is and made no changes. I suspect that it's an older S1 because it has enamel finish on it rather than dope or urethane. The plane was being taken apart for transport when this image was taken.
IMG_3347.jpeg

Cheers
Enzo

Latest posts

Back