• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for eaa bipe parts or project

sherpat

Registered Users
Reaction score
hay guys still looking for eaa bipe parts or project ,,need wings ,rudder ,,contact adam at 870-830-7969

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I know of a complete Acrosport for sale for $7500.. Already registered, former flyer with Engine/Prop and I think even Smoke. Also have a friend with a boat load of "stuff" I will see what he has..

akt227

Reaction score
I've talked to this guy a couple of times. He's looking for ready to fly parts for free.

Don Adamson

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Adam is a great guy, following his passion on a tight budget.
The parts to repair his plane are out there collecting dust, he is just trying to locate them.

freerangequark

Mostly harmless.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Fasteddie might have some parts in the back of his hangar.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edit: Ahhh.... never mind. Just saw it was for an EAA biplane project. sorrrrry....

How far will you travel for parts or an incomplete project ? I know a guy who may still have a Smith Mini... Haven't talked to him in a while but the last I heard the frame (not sure what else) was hanging up in a barn or garage or something doing the ol' collecting dust thing.

TFF1

Reaction score
Finding what you need without buying another like project is small. A more complete project would be better. Plans and a wicks or spruce catalog will get you there faster. Just not a lot of EAA biplanes laying around.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You usually got to pay to play especially in aviation.

After I stole the engine I sold my(had been flying 2 weeks ago) EAA biplane complete less FWF for $2000. I agree with Tom above that a project is best bet. Problem is you may spend more to go fetch it than it's cost?

Jack

Last edited:

akt227

Reaction score
I understand being on a tight budget. Most of us have been there, or still are. But, "ready to bolt on and fly" like he told me he wants, and "cheap" like he seems to need are at the opposite ends of the scale. There will have to be a compromise somewhere.

Reaction score
Each EAA biplane is like a snowflake, all different. If you came upon "cheap" ready to bolt on and fly parts they would probably not bolt on without some work. Then you've lost time running them down and bringing them home. There were quite a few of the EAA biplanes built, maybe his luck will change.

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That's why I was thinking the AcroSport that is is pieces could be a very good bargain. It's an EAA with different Wings and has an Engine/Prop with registration. I thought $7500 was a bargain. . A flown/certified plane for the price of the Core Engine, just a newer updated version of the EAA Biplane isn't it?

Reaction score
Sounds like a very good price for an airplane with an existing C of A. The streamline tie rods are north of 3500 bucks. Acro Sport is a much improved EAA biplane.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I recall he has an investment in a damaged EAA Biplane. It makes sense to find parts I suppose but they are getting scarcer and cost to fetch them is not cheap either.

Usually one must make an investment in either time(build or scrounge) or money.......one usually ends up spending both.

Jack

sherpat

Registered Users
Reaction score
atk227 you know i can read what you post rite ,,ive never said or expect to get anything for free ok

akt227

Reaction score
That's just the impression I got from our conversations. My apologies.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That's why I was thinking the AcroSport that is is pieces could be a very good bargain. It's an EAA with different Wings and has an Engine/Prop with registration. I thought $7500 was a bargain. . A flown/certified plane for the price of the Core Engine, just a newer updated version of the EAA Biplane isn't it?
I have plans for both. They are not the same other than both being small, single seat bipes.

Latest posts