• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Looking for Eagle fuse panels

smutny

Biplane Addict
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
After 3300 hours, our panels are starting to look ragged. A number of patches and fixes are making her look ghetto.

Basically looking for the 914 kit, or any used panels in excellent shape. Factory wants nearly $5,000 for them, and before venturing out to just build from sheet aluminum, figured I'd ask if there are spares out there.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
John,
I've got a 914 kit and its not nearly as complete as what you may be thinking. From what I can tell, from looking in the top of the box, its just a stack of flat aluminum, some screws, some nut plates, and a manual. There are only a couple of pre formed parts that I can see. You still have to trim and form most of the panels, drill all the holes, etc. Definitely not worth $5k. A few hundred dollars worth of aluminum, the hardware, and the manual looks like it would get you 80% of what the kit actually is.

smutny

Biplane Addict
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks for that.

Looks like I'll be buying a brake and shear... dagnabit.... ;)

biplanebob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
or tin snips and borrow a brake.....the shallow bends at the panel edges and the shallow bends at the stringer locations could be done on a contractors siding and flashing brake.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The manual has instructions on how to build a brake out of wood. But, I guess you'll have a little bit more forming to do.

Do you still have the manual?

smutny

Biplane Addict
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, have the full set of manuals. I just didn't look at then before posting.

Why you guys trying to talk me out of buying tools? That's Un-American! ;)

The cushions and wheel pants are the newest looking swag on the plane, we need to step up the rest!

Latest posts