• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Looking For Starduster

FlyingWire

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two seats, open cockpits, and four ailerons. Everything else negotiable!

slivings2012

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was posted today on Facebook group: Taildragger Pilots United. $25k
Still selling my 1972 Starduster Too. 180hp Lycoming with fixed pitch prop. Beautiful airplane. Only about 475hrs TT engine and airframe. Garmin GTR-200 comm and 327 transponder. Its just not practical for me to own this airplane as I move around every 3-6 months. Asking $25k. Message me for more details and questions. Its in Sacramento, CA. Owner Kirk Hamilton

28782660_10213838997642751_3675119771914862592_o.jpg

Last edited:

FlyingWire

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m in Ohio. Getting an open biplane across the Rockies, during winter, could be more adventurous than I want. Gorgeous airplane, though!

Chris McMillin

Reaction score
You just fly down to Los Angeles and then go east on I-10 through El Paso. Way lower and warmer.
Chris...

mfliin

Registered Users
Reaction score
I flew my 450 Stearman from CA last May/June. Best flight I’ve done to date. I’d do it again if you need help bringing one out. I have a SDII as well doing checkouts in GA for fun. Great planes.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
I’m in Ohio. Getting an open biplane across the Rockies, during winter, could be more adventurous than I want. Gorgeous airplane, though!
Hire Tom Braymer to ferry it. He loves cold weather and is a damn good pilot.
He ferried my Cub, Pitts and 2 Eagles.

bigblackmastiff

Premium Member
Reaction score
In Ohio there is a starduster hiding in the main hangar at Wyncoop in Mt Vernon. I think those guys meet up on Saturdays. Maybe worth asking about?

FlyingWire

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Might have to hop on over and say hi.

Vetteman

Reaction score
I went on the facebook page and could not find that Starduster pictured above. Does anyone have contact info for Tye owner?

Sonnydog

Registered Users
Reaction score
Still for sale? I have a buddy who might be interested.

Latest posts