• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

looking to buy a Christen Eagle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been looking into Christen Eagles and they seem to be the best fit for me over all.
A little back ground: I purchased a Pitts Special this year (Love it !). In the past It had raced in Reno and the person I bought it from talked me into racing it (Greatest thing I could have ever done). I took my wife to some aerobatic competitions (just to help not compete)and to Reno, she loves it, the problem is that I can't fit her into the Pitts and to race in Reno the engine can't be larger than 360 ci.
Anyway, this year I want to compete in primary aerobatics AND race, she wants to go. I need a Biplane that fits the bill.
The question is:
1) Do you know of any other biplanes that would fit the mission better? if so, what one and why?
2) Do you or some you know have one for sale
3) What should I look for when considering to buy:

Latest posts

Back