• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Looking to find E.F. Dearing Pitts Chief Engineer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvsuper8

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a new to me 1969 S1S. The manufacturer is "Dearing" which I believe is Gene Dearing or E.F. Dearing (perhaps this is one in the same person). The documented history on this plane only goes back to the 80's. As I shuffled through paperwork and saw the Dearing name in the certification records for Pitts, I realized I might have a pitts built by Dearing of the Curtis Pitts company. A piece of history. So I am now on a mission to find out more about him and even better, find him and let him know his plane is not only alive and well, but completely restored and still flying. If anyone knows anything about Mr. Dearing, his family, or how to reach him if he is even still alive, I sure would like to know it.
Please share what you might know about him, or who might know something about him.
Thank you
Mike

Latest posts

Back