• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

loose aileron bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeF

Reaction score
hi there,
I'm preflighting my plane and noticed a slight (1/2 dime width?) up-down wiggle in the left upper wing outer aileron bracket/rod, that attaches to the spar! All other brackets are rock solid. There's no way for me to open up And inspect it and I don't have my plans here to know how it attaches. Not sure if it's a real safety issue or not. So far I've put 30 hrs on the plane and it's been great until now. Help!!! What should I do? I don't want to tear into the top wing if I don't have to... There are no inspection holes anywhere nearby.....

Mike

Latest posts

Back