• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

LP Aero Plastic bubble windscreen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so here is a NEW LP Aero Plastics INC windscreen that is part number "LP# SP-00195". It was a special order part made for a Acro Sport 2. It has a built in lower flange so you don't have to have a fiberglass or aluminum flange to bolt to windscreen and then aircraft. Just simply drill this windscreen flange and then drill sheetmetal to match. (Id use a plexiglass drill bit to drill hole, then counter sink for a large area dimple washer, helps spread load vs a button head screw). This was a special part ordered by someone for a AcroSport 2 and they kept the jigs. (LP Aero sent me a email saying in 2008 this windshield tooling cost the buyer $2000 and then $190 for the windshield...the tooling went to the owner since he paid for it so to replicate another you'd have to send this one to LP Aero and they could build new tooling or you could build tooling off this one and send to them if you wanted another.) My old Acro Sport 2 had this type on the rear and a shorter one with out the integrated flange on the front seat. It worked very well to keep wind to a minimum. To see it on a plane you can look up my forsale add for my old Acro Sport 2 as I don't have those pics on my phone anymore. I'd take $200 shipped to anywhere in lower 48. It should fit any Acro Sport 2 built to plans and maybe others, if you cut flange off it could be used on any model. ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1483319844.207844.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1483319855.956931.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1483319867.181118.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1483319876.000331.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1483319884.023850.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1483319894.193725.jpg

Latest posts

Back