• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Lycoming IO-360-B4A For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Asking $9000. I replaced this engine being sold with the engine I bought here:

http://www.biplaneforum.com/showthread.php?t=15881

In the process I removed the Bendix fuel servo, flow divider, fuel injectors and high pressure fuel pump to switch the "new" engine from carbureted to fuel injected. This engine comes with no fuel delivery system. You could argue that it is therefore no longer a IO-360-B4A but I have to call it something :D. To add to the confusion I also transferred the mags to the new engine (after having them overhauled). So shipped with THIS engine will be the Bendix S4LN-21 mags (both with impulse couplers) that came bolted onto that other "new" engine. Likewise for the new low pressure fuel pump that is included here. If the owner wishes to reinstall a fuel injection system he will need to purchase a high pressure fuel pump. Also included are a B&C lightweight starter, oil cooler and serviceable ignition harness. The mags and starter worked well enough to make a "proof of life" video for the "new" engine that I purchased. Logbook is complete. Solid crank. Last compression check from June 2017 was 77/78/77/78. Engine ran great at the time of removal in November. TT 1935. SMOH 1131..

Barnstormers ad here:

https://www.barnstormers.com/ad_manager/listing.php?id=1340911

Google Slides (PowerPoint) presentation of the Logbook: Engine Log

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back