• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Lycoming O-360-A1D for sale $10,000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbert

Reaction score
Lycoming O-360-A1D,s/n L-7473-36A is for sale. The engine was overhauled by Dick Waters in 1980, installed in an AC II in 1987 and flown for 30 hrs and the AC II received a SAW. TT on engine is approx 35 hrs. Recent oil analysis shows nothing abnormal. The owner stopped flying and the plane was disassembled and sold. I acquired it in 2006 and it has been stored inside since.

The engine has been preserved with Aeroshell 2F oil since I have owned it. It is run regularly with this oil in it, brought up to temperature, which is approved for 50 hrs. After shut-down, desiccant plugs and bags are installed and the plane is stored inside.

Engine comes with SkyTec lightweight starter, mags, exhaust pipes, no vac pump or alternator.

I have the original log from Dick Waters. The engine is installed on an AC II and it is now time to part this plane out- engine first.

Latest posts

Back