• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

M-12 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyHolt

Reaction score
Hello guys…. So I have finally made up my mind and I am starting a lifelong dream to build my own airplane. Because this will take a very long time.. I figured I would tell you a little about myself.

To start, ever since I was young, airplanes have been a major part in my life. My dad and I would build and fly remote control airplanes at night and fly them on the weekends. We would travel all around doing fun flys and competitions. In high school I got my pilots license and then went to Embry Riddle University for aircraft engineering. I commissioned into the Air Force as a pilot and am now stationed in Shreveport LA as a B-52 instructor. I have a wife and two girls ages 5 and 4.

At the beginning of this year I got my tail wheel endorsement in a Decathlon and decided it was time to buy my first airplane. I bought a Skybolt built by Mike Marion and have had a blast with it ever since. Next year I plan to compete in IAC and also fly a few local air shows along the way. Now that I have a great plane to fly, I wanted to start looking down the road at the next plane that will be a great air show attraction, along with being a step up from what I have now. I wanted a plane that was a two seater, but could be converted to look like one. I wanted a biplane, and it needed to be in kit form. After talking to many people, and mulling over it a long time… I decided on the M-12. Once the decision was made, Kevin Kimball has been great in leading me into this process and helping me take this large step.

I am very excited in this future plane and hope you guys will provide some good inputs along the way. Thanks, Jeremy

jerm.jpg

shootout.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

ribs.jpg

Latest posts

Back