• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Main Fuel Tank - confirming a few things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 220.45% completed
Reaction score
Here's are a few CAD's I drew for the Skybolt main fuel tank.

A few questions.

Since the fuel lines are coming out of the back of the upper, center wing tank I thought that it would be a good idea to have less fuel lines coming from the main tank... and just having it enter the main fuel tank in the back. Any issues with that?
fueltank_backview.jpg

Air vent line. Taking a look at Tony B's suggestion I have it coming out the back going to the top front. The upper fuel tank has it taking a 90 degree turn to the one side. Question: Should I have this going to the bottom at some point for any time I may go up-side-down? (see blue line on side view)
fueltank_topview.jpg
fueltank_sideview_2.jpg

Does anyone have a source for one of the longer fuel neck fillers? The standard fuel neck is pretty small. I have a lot of area between the tank and the top skin on the fuselage and would like to lengthen the fuel neck.

Thanks...

Latest posts

Back