• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Metal Wings for Skybolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at a Skybolt today, with metal wings. The upper right wing had the skins clecoed in place, the upper left wing was framed but not skinned. The spars and ribs were made for the lower wings, but no assembly had taken place. The owner said he had the plans for the wings at one time, but can no longer find them. Does anyone know of a source for the plans?

The fuselage was complete, with landing gear and all tail surfaces, and a pair of Rosenhan wheels & brakes. The welding was all done with gas, and looks to be high quality. There were several instrument panels (no instruments), and the ends and wrap-around for the fuel tank, which has not been welded up yet. The owner is looking to part with the project, as it was started by his dad in the 1980's, and the owner has no interest or intent of finishing it. I will get some pictures posted soon, and a price at that time.

If anyone is looking for such a project, let me know.

Danny

Latest posts

Back