• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Micro Mong to Bitts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smarcoux

Registered Users
Reaction score
After going further and further backwards on my S1C I decided I would like to spend more energy on getting in the air than going further down the rabbit hole.

I picked up a fairly complete parts Micro Mong. Logs, receipts and even two different gas tanks. Lots of airplane with plenty left to do.

The idea of ultra light is not going to be considered. It will be LSA.

I am 80% sure I'll be using a four stroke. Personal preference, unless something drops in my lap I can't say no to.

I would like to convert or upgrade the existing Micro Mong to at least Micro Mong 2xf, and have entertained the idea of crossing it over to Lil Bitts, IF! It doesn't entail undoing all the work done to the nearly complete air frame.
I suspect it might.
Since mine is a Micro Mong not a Lil Bitts. I feel I would be a PIA to ask Lakeracer69 about his build and question that may be apples and oranges.

The lack of info or updates to the origional is some what of a conundrum. I have seen the U-tube 2fx modifications but only part one. I think it would be hard to convince the DAR to "watch this U-tube video" for my mods to the plane.

Im looking for something a little more concrete.
Any help and or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back