• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Middle School Kids building SMP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimknuck

Reaction score

I obtained a project that was started and never finished an I am having middle school kids help build it as part of an Aviation Club. We started on a Zenith 701 last year but I ran out of money and the project was moving very slow so we put it on hold. I brought the SMP fuselage and wings into our work room and it re-energized the kids. Our plane is getting close to being ready to cover and our goal is to fly it next summer. We hope to have one of the few planes flying that was built by 6th -8th graders. Does anybody have any ideas on seats? i was thinking of making one out of aluminum since we have alot of metal supplies around from the Zenith. Are there any production fuel tanks that will work? I will post pictures soon. Jim

Latest posts

Back