• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Might be back next year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you know I'm w/o an airplane. I found a project but my back is so bad I decided That I simply could not do it anymore. I was going to keep my hangar since rent is only $50/month but decided to bail out completely. Brought my tools, compresser, drill press and about a ton of "stuff" home. Still need to clean it out. My back is so bad that my plan was to hire help.....

My back surgery was in 2008. It helped for about a month and then got WORSE. By 2010 when I got the Spezio it was better but not exactly good. I could work for an hour, lay down under the wing for 30min, work for 45 min., lay down for 45 min etc. But I was steadily getting slightly better. But the time I had finished the Acroduster 2 in 2015 I was doing fairly well. BUT all the time and until today I've needed pain meds.

The last couple months have been steadily worse.

Marcia who is a retired PACU nurse has for sometime urged me to get another MRI and see a surgeon.... both imaging and surgery teckniques are better. After my 2008 experience, NO WAY.

Well things got bad enough that I saw someone Tues. She was right. This guy convinced me. After looking at my history/MRI he told me exactly what I felt like after doing certain things and what he would do to fix it.

Anyway, earliest slot is Feb. 3rd. I've decided to keep the hangar. Hopefully I'll be back in the game. I covet prayers from those so minded.

Thanks,

Jack

Latest posts

Back