• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Milestones In Flight Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My airplane is 27 yrs old as of the 25th of June this year, and as of the last day of November currently has 2700 hrs on the clock! Their are only two other Stardusters that have more flight time than mine, that I am aware of. My son Dan and only two other pilots have ever flown it solo, so I have put almost all of those hrs on it. The airplane has made 9 trips to Oshkosh, and has been as far east as Port Huron MI, I even flew it across lake Michigan twice!

One of the other Starduster was Les Homan's N4226Y with about 3300 hrs it and has been apart and not flown in yrs. But was recently sold and the new owner is doing a complete rebuild. So it will probably fly again.

The other Starduster with the most hrs was Al Pietsch's N30110, now hanging up in the Dakota Territory Air Museum, and will probably never fly again. It was one of the first plans built Starduster Toos to fly, in 1967. This airplane had over 4000 hrs of flight time.

N96576 Rainbow Sedona Arizona small.jpg

Tetons small.jpg

SAM_0108 small. JPG.jpg

SAM_0557small.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

Two_Stardusterssmall.JPG

YELLOWST.JPG

N30110 Al Pietsch Starduster Too.png

N30110 Al Pietsch Starduster Too at Flabob.jpg

SAM_0441small.jpg

N96576 Hobbs Meter Flight Time.jpg

Last edited: