• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Mong Sport Biplane for sale

wottreng

Reaction score
Great looking and flying sport biplane for sale. Fresh 100hp Continental with metal prop. The most fun for the money. $15,000 obo

mong sport 002.jpg

mong sport 007.jpg

mong sport 008.jpg

Trevor11AC

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great flying and looking plane! Wish I had room and extra cash.

Mong

Reaction score
It still looks good, man!!! You must have a bunch of hours on her now….Ed Fisher

wottreng

Reaction score
I have been contacted by a guy out west that has put over 400hrs on his Mong so I think I may be the second highest time Mong pilot!

Matteo

Reaction score
Hey, that's a very beautiful machine but I'm 6.4 feet tall, can I fit inside the cockpit?

wottreng

Reaction score
I'm 6' 212 lbs and fit fine. If your inseam is longer than 32in you will likely have to relocate the rudder pedals forward. There is lots of room to do just that.

will moffitt

Will moffitt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Mongs were designed without I struts or flying wires, in this case a strut. Or am I think of another design?

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I thought Mongs were designed without I struts or flying wires, in this case a strut. Or am I think of another design?
You are probably thinking of the Knight Twister, which could be flown with the wings cantilevered. I don't know of any that actually omitted the struts and wires though.

Danny

Mong

Reaction score
Correct, Danny. The Stock Mongs are as shown in these pictures. Modified Mongs have been built in a few different ways…..Some have a flying wire added to the front spar to help the lift strut in racing. Some have been converted to flying and landing wires totally….Ed

Mong

Reaction score
The original design was built to Utility category, +4.4, -3.1…But Mongs routinely were flown in racing competition, often pulling 5 'G' in racing turbulence….For hard aerobatics and negative G loads, a Pitts is the answer, but for general sport flying, and Loop, roll, spin type aerobatics, the Mong has proven to be totally adequate.

Latest posts