• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

My "new" Smith Miniplane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tramp

Registered Users
Reaction score
After more than a year and a half of research and preparation, I finally pulled the trigger on the purchase of a Smith Miniplane.

C-GDSA was built in 1978, first flown in 1979 and owned (up until this week) by her builder. She's got some cosmetic blemishes but is in beautiful shape!

This has been the culmination of a more than 2 year journey since my dad's passing. He owned a Miniplane when I was a little kid - and that's a big reason I'm flying today.

See:

http://findingffam.blogspot.ca/

I did my first flight on Saturday and she flies better than I ever could have dreamed. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the airplane as it can be a handful on the ground (particularly on pavement - which I experienced first hand on my first landing.)

The aircraft ownership, biplane, single-seat thing is entirely new to me so I'm taking it nice and slow...but so far, man, what a trip!

Latest posts

Back