• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Mystery Plans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc

Reaction score
I bought a set of early Pitts S-1C plans. There is also 6 sheets drawn by W. Roe in February and March 1972 with the Pitts plans. There aren't any title blocks or clues on the plans to identify what Mr. Roe drew. I am not sure the plans are complete. For example there is no rib drawing and there is no general arrangement drawing. It is a biplane. The wings are straight and rectangular, drawn with a 176" span. Both top and bottom wings have substantial built up main spars and the lower longerons are notched where the lower wing fits into the fuselage. The wings may well be cantilever.

The fuselage frame is 156" long. The fin and stabilizers are straight tapered with a radius on the outside front corner. Rudder and elevator are also straight tapered with square outside corners.

I don't have a clue what this is. Does anybody know what W. Roe was drawing in early 1972?

Latest posts

Back