• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

N33JK for sale

qgraber

Reaction score
1977 Pitts S-1S with Sparcraft wings, little over 1000 hrs tta&e, Lycoming IO-360 B4A 180 hp, light weight starter, battery, and alternator, electric aux fuel pump, all new rubber hoses (oil and fuel), haigh locking tailwheel, had engine apart recently to replace the cam and followers so installed new bearings too. an absolute joy to fly and land, roles out straight and true. Sensenich 76x59 carbon prop. 817 lb empty weight. fabric is in good shape but the paint is cracking up some. I really hate to sell it but it's not getting flown enough and I would rather see it flying more. Nothing flys like a pitts. $25000 Quinten

IMAG1369.jpg

IMAG1339.jpg

IMAG1338.jpg

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
How does that new style Sensenich prop perform? I've had the same style on a 150 hp Breezy for two years now and it's been a great performer.

qgraber

Reaction score
I don't have anything to really compare it with as this is the only prop I've had, and I haven't flown any other S-1. The one number I do have is wot straight and level it will only turn around 2950 and that could be maybe the fact that I've got standard y pipes on it for the exhaust and may not be making good hp on top end?

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, it looks great on there. I've been wanting to try one but didn't have an idea about the pitch. Your plane sounds a lot like mine so those numbers help.

Sorry about the sale but there'll still be a Pitts out there for you when it's ''that time'' again.

Ben

qgraber

Reaction score
It's still available if anyone is interested. Quinten

WooferPilot

Reaction score
I never saw it on barnstormers...that's a big market too...sell it yet? Where does it live?

qgraber

Reaction score
Just posted to barnstormers if enyone is interested

Latest posts