• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

N4362D - Rebuild Part 3 - Wings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrinker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon all - Maybe some of you remember my "part 1 thread" from 2019 or so. N4362D is an ASII built by my grandfather (I helped :) back in the mid 1980-1990's, which I was able to locate a number of years ago. After the current owner was finished flying it, it came into my possession and I began a teardown. Dan Williams turned me onto Smizo not far from where I live, and the plane was brought to his shop, where the rebuild continues to this day. Most of the plane has made the trip back and forth between his shop and mine at least once or more so far. Lots to add and update.

The original post started with that and the tear down. Part 2 will detail the fuselage rebuild, and this one will contain the wings.

I have a LOT of work to get all those pics re-hosted and re-linked, but I plan to spend some time this weekend cleaning things up and getting it done.

In the meantime, here is my latest progress and first images hosted on the new site- bonding the plywood leading edge to the right upper wing this past week:

Test gallery link:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/XpVQw6w
Test image links:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back