• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

N45JV has got a new Ly-Con O-360. Fuel vent question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cardflyboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
9E266745-116F-42D6-84E0-DCFFD3333ACE.jpeg
Hello all,
I just installed my freshly overhauled O-360 in N45JV. I put a new fuel pump in it, fixed a long list of sqwuaks, and I connected the installed inverted fuel vent system. Somewhere along the line the inverted vent system was disconnected and a vented fuel cap was added on the main tank. I took the plugs out of the tank on the inverted fuel vent, and the upright vent, and installed 90 degree elbows as per the plans. The system vents were checked to be operating correctly. Problem I found however: the upright vent that drains behind the firewall in front of the left main gear began draining fuel and would not stop until I gave it a shot of air up the drain. It’s acting as though the 1/8 inch hole has not been drilled in the top of the upright vent line. I imagine why the previous owner disconnected the vent system. The fuel tank appears to be a factory fuel tank, as it has the center pressure type carb fuel return and a forward flop tube. It looks identical inside as well. Question is: do I disconnect the upright vent and use the inverted vent as the only vent? Disconnect both vent lines and go back to the vented cap?

Latest posts

Back