• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Need Acro Sport 2 landing gear

Equinox145

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am looking for a pair of standard Acro Sport 2 main landing gear to repair a damaged bird. Just the metal frames as I can manage the rest but if you have the wood, tubing and/or brakes attached I would still be interested.

Chris

crankyklingon

Reaction score
Gonna have to make them.
Gear legs probably won't be interchangeable from one plane to another because of manufacturer tolerance.
These are one off pieces and if any two are alike it would be a miracle.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get ahold of Smizo. He ordered a set of pre cut tubes for a AcroSport 2 from Vr3 when we thought I needed all new gear for my old plane. Once the gear arrived at his place he was able to straighten mine so we elected to just repair mine instead of build new. So unless he's already sold it, he's the guy to talk to.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Kris, but I agree with Rob. I could repair his but without the airplane here I can not build a set of gear and have it fit his airplane. please post a pic of your damaged gear legs.......

Equinox145

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

The aircraft is in Calgary, AB, (CYBW).

I hadn't considered that there might be big differences between aircraft but of course you're right. I still think I would be better off with a well assembled set and then adjust them or the frame as required than to try and make a matched set from scratch. I'm down route for a few weeks so I've asked a friend to measure the fitting on the airframe so I can be more specific about what I want. Getting the aircraft back on wheels will go a long way towards getting it back in the air.

Thanks again for all your advice.

Chris

KFS

Reaction score
Chris

Do you still need the gears? I can sell a set matched to a Wag-Aero welded fuselage. That's as close to "standard" as you will get I reckon.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
There ya go.... I also have a Cartesian tube kit for one if you want to build it to your airplane.....

Equinox145

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.

I think I’ve found what I need. I just have to find time to go and pick them up and pay for them.

December at the earliest.

Chris

Latest posts