• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

need acrosport II lower right wing

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I am in need of a lower right wing. Prefer uncovered. Pleas email me with price and pictures. Would also be willing to pay someone to build one for me.

Matt-

Reaction score
Check with Dennis. He has spare wings.

Last edited:

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tad,
i will post photos of my spare wing tonight, do you have all the control bellcranks and idlers?
Alum LE and aileron well?
Wing tips?
e-mail me;
[email protected]

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Great Dennis,

I have all the fittings as none of them was damaged when the pole hit the wing or I should say I hit the post. My wing tips are good. Where the post went into the wing it looks like someone took a 4" section out of the center of the wing through the first spar. You can send me the pictures to [email protected] along with your price. Hopefully it will work for me.

Tad

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Guys I actually need the lower left wing if you are seated in the cockpit looking forward. My AP and the tach company, I have recently had to order two cables from, have me describing things as if I was standing in front of the plane.

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone shipping or just moving cross country with something that can handle a 4' x 9' wing, maybe even tied to car rack.
Chicago (I-80 and I-57) to Fayetteville, NC

Last edited:

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the photos for the left lower wing, all glue joints tight with T88 epoxy.
Front spar is the best i have seen at approx 40 rings per inch. Rear spar is approx 24 rings per inch.
Out to out of steel spar attach fittings is 21.25". i would bolt the wing in place and
use drag wires to adjust for I-strut ...etc.
The wings were load tested and deflection measured, i have reports.
Built in 1990's.

Pitts  8-17-15 026.jpg

Pitts  8-17-15 021.jpg

Pitts  8-17-15 020.jpg

Pitts  8-17-15 019.jpg

Pitts  8-17-15 018.jpg

Pitts  8-17-15 017.jpg

Pitts  8-17-15 016.jpg

Pitts  8-17-15 015.jpg

Pitts  8-17-15 011.jpg

Pitts  8-17-15 010.jpg

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis that is pretty work and exactly what I need. I have everything needed to finish them. I'll try to make you proud. If anyone has any comments on what the fair price is for the wing please chime in.

Tad

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I had a great visit with Dennis Friday night when I got to his home. Couldn't ask for more hospitality and great airplane talk. We got the wing loaded Saturday morning and I was on my way home. Too bad business matters kept me from spending more time since we were so alike in our interests. From airplanes to old cars we matched perfectly. Thank you Dennis for all your help.

Tad

Latest posts