• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Need an antuque mag

bagsf15

bagsf15
Reaction score
So my 1946 Taylorcraft is in need of a new (old) mag. The Eisemann LA-4 finally gave up.

If anyone out there has a complete mag (or a coil) they'd be willing to part with for the right price please e-mail or give me a call at 210-485-8025.

Thanks.

Doug Jenkins

wanttaja

Registered Users
Reaction score
So my 1946 Taylorcraft is in need of a new (old) mag. The Eisemann LA-4 finally gave up.

If anyone out there has a complete mag (or a coil) they'd be willing to part with for the right price please e-mail or give me a call at 210-485-8025.
I have one, but am hoarding it in case my own Eisemanns crap out.

Have you tried Fresno?

... though I didn't see a listing for coils.

BTW, were you aware of AD 69-09-01? There are some Eisemann coils that are no longer legal.

Ron Wanttaja

Ralsmark

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you can get coils on old mags re-wound but not that cheap, $300 plus I believe. Legitimate rework if no replacement parts are available. Our EAA chapter has a 1930's vintage A50 Continental with Case aircraft magnetos, one of which has a bad coil. Would love to hear from anybody who may want to get rid of an old Case mag or Case coil, on the off chance the coil may be functional.

Mark

Dana

Reaction score
There must be a STC to install some type of new production Slick mag, no?

I remember buying a used mag for gears to fix the Bendix lunchbox mag on my T-Craft.

wanttaja

Registered Users
Reaction score
There must be a STC to install some type of new production Slick mag, no?

I remember buying a used mag for gears to fix the Bendix lunchbox mag on my T-Craft.
Looks like the price is ~$800 per mag, with probably needing a new harness as well.

Doug, I went through my junk box and found two disassembled Eisemann AM-4 mags. This appears to be the unshielded version of the LA-4. Still, it appears they use the same coil. Wanna try the coil?

Ron Wanttaja

Redtail

Reaction score
Call Joe's Aircraft Service
2733 Brookfield Ave.
Dallas TX 75235
Cell 214-673-7284
214-357-2344

william f natale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
doug here is another source for eisemann magneto oh and parts Arnold Kesselring at Arn-Air, Bayard Iowa 712-651-2255. he overhauled at least one for an airplane i was doin an annual insp on he had a lot of new part then-bill natale

bagsf15

bagsf15
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. After doing some research I decided to order a new mag from Fresno Airparts. I will let you know how it works out.

Latest posts