• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Need help with a 10-200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesidedown

Reaction score
I need some rigging help with an Ultimate10-200that I just bought.I have never rigged a biplane before but flying this one it seems to stall way to easy and any pull on the stick and it feels like I just thrown out the anchor. I had a Skybolt and a Acrosport prior and both would pull more G's than this plane. I am lucky to get 5.5 @ 160kts before it stalls.

The top wing has negative incidence of 3/8 of an inch or about 2 degrees negative. The bottom wing has positive incidence of about an5/8 of an inch or 3 degrees.Both wingswing have some anhedral the top wingalmost aninch and a half,butwithout plans I don't know whatthe riggingshould be.It flies like it is out of rig and even at speed the wings are stalling too easy. Ialso want to know what the horizontal stabilizer is supposed to be as well for it has a high degree of positive incidence. All this as measured with the longeron level at the cockpit.

I need some help. Does anyone have a set of plans for an Ultimate?

Thanks
Mike

Latest posts

Back