• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Need help with Wolf Cowling Installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

Gary Sky Walker
Reaction score
Installation of Oil Cooler for a Wolf Cowling.

The call goes out for help from the Biplaneform.com members,

I need instruction, ideas, and pictures to help me with installation of the oil cooler and fuel injection intake for a Wolf Cowling and Spinner for a fixed pitch Pitts S1S IO360. Support and attachment of the oil cooler to the front baffle, thickness of aluminum of the front baffle, hardware to use, mounting position of the oil cooler, and routing of the oil lines will also be helpful. Suggestions of what to be careful about would also be good.

It appears that installing the oil cooler on the right is popular. I will be a B&C rear mounted alternator.

It appears that the Curtis Pitts standard mounting position for an oil cooler is too tight for Wolf Cowling.

Where and why to use screws and where to use rivets would be great.

Thanks for the help,
Gary Walker

Latest posts

Back