• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Need parachute rigger south KS or north OK area

Gmovies

Reaction score
Hello I'm looking for someone to pack a SEAT pack chute. Apparently this takes a special license and not many folks have one. I've got one option just looking for others. I'm in Wichita KS so anyone in south KS or North OK would work.

Thanks,
Paul Klusman

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a guy that did some old military type seat chutes for us during the BT-13 days. He's at Myrick Airport. I can't recall his name but Glenn Crabtree at Guthrie airport will know. Just as him for the rigger at myrick.

Gmovies

Reaction score
There's a guy that did some old military type seat chutes for us during the BT-13 days. He's at Myrick Airport. I can't recall his name but Glenn Crabtree at Guthrie airport will know. Just as him for the rigger at myrick.

Is that Don Herbal by any chance? He used to pack chutes in Wichita area. Hoping to find someone a bit closer but Don would be a good option if that is him

Thanks,
Paul

Gmovies

Reaction score
Ok I got ahold of Glenn Crabtree and he said it might be a fellow named David Pitts. Google search confirmed a David Pitts certified master parachute rigger but unfortunately he passed away earlier this year.

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
What make and model?

I am surprised at how few riggers have a Seat rating. Most of the skydivers who are repacking emergency parachutes to support their habit only get Back ratings. I have had pilots bring me seat rigs from surprising distances. I am in NH.

You might consider boxing and UPS shipping the rig to the manufacturer for inspection and repack.

I am rated for Seat parachutes but realistically if you ship your rig out, you might as well send the rig to the folks that built it. Not that expensive and you only have to do it twice a year.

Best of luck,

Wes

Gmovies

Reaction score
What make and model?

I am surprised at how few riggers have a Seat rating. Most of the skydivers who are repacking emergency parachutes to support their habit only get Back ratings. I have had pilots bring me seat rigs from surprising distances. I am in NH.

You might consider boxing and UPS shipping the rig to the manufacturer for inspection and repack.

I am rated for Seat parachutes but realistically if you ship your rig out, you might as well send the rig to the folks that built it. Not that expensive and you only have to do it twice a year.

Best of luck,

Wes
Yeah I had no idea the seat pack was such a big deal. I'm getting ready to do a first fight on a rebuilt engine in my Pitts and I want the chute repacked right. I've got a few more leads from a nearby skydive group so hopefully that will work out.

Thanks
Paul

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh dang. It was Dave Pitts now that I see the name I recall it well.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW. We have a new rigger here in central Illinois who can do seat, she is waiting for mine. Her name is Hanna Albrecht located in Ohio Illinois. Her mother, Romo Albrecht, is a pilot, skydiver and one of the pyro techs at Oshkosh for the last 25 or more years, just retired. I can provide contact info as needed.

PS: Besides being a pilot she is a sky diver along with making a living in the ground water industry.

JimRice

Reaction score
I use a guy in Ward, AR. I ship my Strong 304 seat pack to him, he inspects/repacks and ships back for $80. Takes about a week, max. If i catch him on his way to Skydive Memphis, I can meet him and give my rig and he returns it the next week. I can share info via email if interested. My email is wwii(at)Hotmail.com.

Gmovies

Reaction score
Thanks for all the leads everyone. I found a guy in KC who is doing the repack for me this time and I've got one or two leads for other riggers in the area. Appreciate all the help!

Paul

Latest posts