• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New 3D model of the SA300 Starduster Too / Paint Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael A Livingston

Acquired an SA-300 and promptly took it apart.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this needed its own thread. I have been posing pictures in my restoration thread but these did not seem to belong there. So I am starting a thread for paint ideas and just cool images of Starduster Toos yet to be seen.

All the posts here will be based on a model made by Rohr 3D Solutions which can be found here and rendered by me using a program called Blender, which can be found here. This all came out of the need to understand what a given paint scheme would look like from all angles. I started with paper and pens and a 3 view sketch of a Starduster. I tried several designs and thought I had what I wanted.
2019-11-03 (1).jpg2019-11-03.jpg

Then I moved to a computer drawing to further refine and try out different color variations. This worked well, but did not give me a sense for the curves of this beautiful airplane.

2020-07-01 (1).png2020-07-01.png

The led me to work with Rohr 3D solutions to make an accurate representation of a Starduster Too that I could "paint", without destroying anything. This process has been so helpful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back