• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New black Quiet Technologies Halo headset for sale.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
I have been on the wait to get a Quiet Technologies Halo headset. I had this on order and just received it today. I do not need the headset at this point so it is for sale. It cost me $370 to the door. I will send it to you for $370 shipped.
[email protected] or 979-451-3251

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I may have one for sale shortly, haven't decided yet. Only used a couple of times so I need to spend a bit more time with it before I decide.

Smithacb

Reaction score
What do you think of them, compared to the Clarity & your take on them compared to an over the ear headset?

Cheers

pigpenracing

Reaction score
What do you think of them, compared to the Clarity & your take on them compared to an over the ear headset?

Cheers
PM sent.... Lets just say my opinion is the Clarity is a much better product. It is worth the extra money.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Although disappointed with the Halo in my spam can they work well in my Smith with a leather helmet and plan on keeping them now. They say my transmissions are clear but with some back ground noise is all. I tried the Clarity but I had trouble with the ear plugs sticking out too far and were a hassle to get right, the Halo has a 90* elbow right at the plug and work well. I'm also using a Sporty's 200 handheld in the Smith. I had trouble with volume and squelch in the Cherokee.

IanJ

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that, Larry -- one of the questions in my mind was whether the Halos would suffer from the tubes rubbing on the sides of the helmet, inducing "handling noise" into the tubes. Sounds like that's not an issue for you.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Nope nothing like that at all. I cut the tube on the foam shorter though, I had asked the vendor at SnF a couple of years ago about that as I knew it might be an issue, he said cut it no problem.

Latest posts