• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,
My name is cary Cumberland and I wanted to introduce myself. I have been reading the forum for the last couple months and gathering great information, hopefully I will be able to contribute. My brother and I are building an eagle ii. We bought the started kit twelves years ago for a guy who started it but didn't complete it. We did a little work on it but were finishing a skybolt at the time and just stored in the garage until now. My third brother "Cman" is building and S1S and has gotten the bug back in my system so I pulled it out and started again. I'm really enjoying the build, just about finished the canopy. Benny Davis is making the rigging and fairing kits for me but doesn't really want to do the cowling kits. He can do the carbon fiber work but the other 100 pieces of aluminum that go into it he can't find patterns and just doesn't have the energy to really make them. So if anyone knows where a cowling might be hidden, please let me know, besides aviat. That will be my last resort. Even a damaged cowl I could repair.

Thanks for the help and I will post a few pics of the project because that's always fun to see. :)

Cary!

Latest posts

Back