• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New flight helmet design - naming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonflyDH90

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I didnt know quite where to put this but this looks as good as anywhere until the product is released.

I have been working away for quite some time (last 5 or 6 years) on a new design in flight helmet aimed primarily at the aerobatic, sport aircraft, open cockpit market.

We are very, very close to a product launch and I am very excited with how things are shaping up.
At this point in time I cant say too much (sorry) due to ongoing patent work and general IP protection but suffice to say it is very light, very small and has some very unique communications setups within.

Biggest thing is that I am struggling with names for the product. I am after something that isnt cheesy, has a potential aviation link (although this isnt 100% necessary), translates well to a web address, hasnt been used before blah, blah, blah. I'm sure you guys get the idea.

I thought I would let you guys have the first go as well as be some of the first to know. This forum has been so helpful over the years and there are so many talented individuals here I thought this an ideal place to start.

If I like a name and choose it for the product the provider will have an option on one of the first helmets off the block at a very, very good price.

Flying Skid Lid?:rolleyes:
SACHOCCA (Safe Aviation Communication Helmet, Open/Closed Cockpit, Acrobatic):D

I recently saw the prototype of this helmet and i can honestly say this thing is COOL!When the time comes i will be buying one.
As for names how about Lite-flight, Acrolite, Aerolite or Dragonfly Helmets.

I wasnt going to do a molded in piece as it compromises the shape of the helmet a fair bit but I could look at developing a contoured attachment theat can be screwed to the helmet with a flat and camera screw boss to accept a GoPro, Contour or DriftHD. Worth a thought.

Andrew, yes this is a fully wireless helmet although we will likely do a corded option at lower cost once the wireless unit is on the market.

Latest posts

Back